Slider

Exploring Ohio Antique Stores

Monday, January 19, 2015

We are heading to Cincinatti this weekend.  Why?  The largest antique store in the US is near Cincinatti!  



I actually got to see Kentucky Speedway!  You can see it from the Interstate, which is crazy.  Most tracks are WAY off the main road.  I can't believe you are able to see this one.

Kentucky Speedway

On our way to Cincinnati.


Getting close!  That's Cincinnati ahead!


This Radisson Hotel looked so interesting!

Ohio, here we are! I hadn't been to Ohio since 2008.



Cincinnati sights!

I still haven't made it inside of an Ikea!  I want to go.

Snow!

Our first stop was Toy FanAddict Vintage Toys & Collectibles in Dayton, Ohio.  This was quite the neat store!



The store was well-organized.

My Size Barbie!  

Marie Osmond Modeling Doll

Michelle From Full House Talking Doll

Vintage Fisher Price Toys

The Beverly Hillbillies Thermos

Pig Pong Game

Next door was Vintage 937.  This antique store didn't have much that interested us other than these OLD teddy bears.  Oh, the stories they could tell!



The shopping area where the previously mentioned stores are located.

The next store we visited was Stage Coach Toys & Collectables in Bellbrook, Ohio.  This was a neat store.  We bought a few items.  They had an extensive Barbie, Star Wars, and truck display.

Inside

The area had recently had a snowstorm.

Finally, we made it to the Heart of Ohio Antique Center.  This is the largest antique mall in the country!  

This is what you see as you walk in the door.  The mall is divided into several buildings.  Be sure to pick up a map as you go in in order to understand the layout.

I love this old Motion Picture Production in Progress sign.

Vintage Donald Duck book

Vintage Bill Cosby ticket

I love this vintage ad for The Gingerbread Man book.

Old TV Dinner Packages

This old world atlas was so interesting to look at.

Old brochures, my favorite!  Here's one for Los Angeles and Pasadena, California.


Vintage New York Travel Brochure

Hotel Astor Vintage Travel Brochure

Pepsi Dispenser Toy.  I had this as a child.  It was so neat to be able to see the box it came in.


One booth in the mall was dedicated to vintage Christmas items.  I loved this old Christmas Tree sign.

Paragon Glass Christmas Tree Ornaments - loved these!

And old dentist chair

Vintage Disneyland tea set

Dorothy Hamill Doll

Vintage The Little Mermaid Plush Ornaments from McDonald's

John Michael Montgomery display - always interesting to find

NASCAR is everywhere you go.

Vintage play food items

Antique safe - so neat!

This creepy Abe Lincoln in a coffin set was from a carnival ride in the 1800s.

The Heart of Ohio Antique Mall has a food stand and sitting area.

Someone purchased this vintage Warner Brothers Corset Department case.



The Heart of Ohio Antique Center.  It's really big.

We grabbed dinner at Bob Evans.

Checking out a shopping center

I'm not sure what this sale was about.

I came across People Crackers at Ollie's.  When I was a kid, we used to feed these to the dogs.  

Up next was the Upper Valley Mall in Springfield, Ohio.  Upon entering, the first thing we saw was the Cinema.  I loved how vintage the cinema was!

The mall


Fent's Dairy Corner

Emporium was an interesting store.  It was a mix of antique store and local craft fair.

Check out these vintage Sears ornaments we came across at Emporium!

The mall had an indoor batting cage,  I love seeing what some dead malls come up with to fill their space.  I've seen indoor racing tracks for remote controlled cars, batting cages, etc.

Upper Valley Mall had a CVS inside.  Interesting.

JCPenney

They also had a Macy's that will be closing in a few months.  Although they were advertising sales, they didn't really have anything.



Downtown Springfield, Ohio

Vintage Kroger.  I had to stop by to pick up a few things.  This Kroger had a liquor store and even had security on-site.



We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Springfield.  It had recently been renovated and was very nice.

Our room

Loved the flooring!


We went to Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken for lunch.


I got the vegetable plate.  I wish all Lee's locations offered this.  

I also tried their fried pickles, and they were so good!  This was my best Lee's experience ever!


Next on the list was the Springfield Antique Center, again in Springfield, Ohio.

This is what you see as you enter.

We liked this antique center!

Burger King King Toy

7up Machine

I love display cases! 

Vintage Sears Toy Truck

Vintage Toys

I remember these game board keychains.

I don't remember this Teddy Ruxpin character.

Vintage Gerber rattles

Vintage turtle wax Bottle

I loved this World Wrestling Federation Squirt Head!

How neat is this Jeff Foxworthy doll?

I love this Homer Bobblehead!

GAMES!  My favorite!  I see you, Thin Ice!

Exterior 

Right below the Springfield Antique Center is Building 2.  Apparently, it used to be a separate antique store, but the Springfield Antique Center bought. We were pretty disappointed with this one.  There really isn't much to see here.  I would recommend skipping it.


Tonka Search & Rescue.

King of the Hill car!

Need a bra?

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer doll set!


Check out this HUGE School Speed Limit sign.


Mr. Peanut Costume

Antique Fair Poster

Santa Clause 2 Display

The Building 2 the Springfield Antique Center bought used to be A AA I-70 Antique Mall.

Our Hotel



A real Christmas tree farm!  I had never seen one before!  This place let you cut your own tree.  It was Young's Jersey Dairy.  Choose and Cut Christmas Trees.


Yellow Springs, Ohio

Ha Ha Pizza in Yellow Springs, Ohio








Closed K Mart in Xenia, Ohio




Downtown Waynesville, Ohio - They have a large antique district.

Waynesville Antique Mall

They had a South Park poster.


Old Coke Machine

I love old mason jars.

They had an upstairs dedicated to old books.

Next up was Buggy Wheel Antiques


Yogi Bear Score-A-Matic Ball Toss

Old 7UP bottles

Then, we went to Little Red Shed Antiques.

Downtown Waynesville, Ohio


Next up was the Peddlers Mall in Lebanon, Ohio.  We love peddler malls!


Marie Osmond TV Makeup Center

Bingo Movie Trading Cards!  


Who knew there was a Miss America doll?

Reese's Peanut Butter and Banana Creme Cups were so good!  I wish they'd bring them back.


Scoreboard

Kings Island Theme Park


Then, we hit up the Ohio Valley Antique Mall in Fairfield, Ohio.  It was great!

Remember the Burger King play center?

The Negro Baseball Leagues Poster

State ornaments!  I was so excited to come across these and had to buy them.  Some are for states I haven't been to yet but I know I will eventually get to them.


Vintage all Laundry Detergent 

Hallmark Packed for Fun ornament!  I had to buy!

RJR stuff 

Ronald and Nancy Reagan Paper Dolls

Aids tablets

Who knew there was Donald Duck Chocolate Syrup?

Then, we hit the jackpot at this Simpsons booth. 

Powerhouse Control-O-Matic Deluxe Battery Charger

Booths

We hit up Big Boy's for supper.


The food pretty much sucked.

Then, we started smelling smoke.  Something in the vent was on fire.  Pictured are employees trying to figure out what was going on.


Their signs lit up.  I loved this.

Cincinnati at night

I loved this Cincinnati sign!


We had a fun weekend!  Too bad we had to come back.  I can't wait for our next traveling adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan